The hair I’m wearing is the Brazilian Deepwave Curly Virgin Hair which I bought on Aliexpress from the vendor MaxGlam Hair. The hair lengths: 3 Bundles – 14inch, 16inch & 18inch with a matching free part 14inch closure.
Initially, when I received the hair, the first thing I noticed was how soft it was. Now I’ve tried brazilian deepwave curly hair before from a different vendor, so I was impressed by how soft and bouncy the hair actually was. The weft was well constructed and there was no distinctive smell.
I co-washed the hair, to clean and remove any chemicals it may have had and also to revitalise it’s curls, then left it to air-dry. Afterwards I made it into a wig. I doubled the wefts and sewed it from ear to ear, until I got to the front where I then sewed the laced closure. I sewed the 16inch at the back first and then the 18inches in the middle as I wanted an even length. Once done I did trimmed the back of the hair by 2inch, just to balance out everything and create a more symmetrical afro look, I also lightly trimmed the very front of the hair (the two side bangs, that frames my face).
When it comes to styling I’ve been interchanging it, between having a define side parting and a messy curly look where I leave some hair falling in front to create an almost fringe-look.
- Minimum shedding only occurs when I detangle and co-wash the hair.
- Very soft and bouncy texture.
- No strong smell.
- Fast shipping (DHL 3-5 working days).
- Can take heat and straightens well.
- Good communication with hair vendor.
- Require a lot of maintenance and care (regular co-washing necessary to revitalise curls).
- Closure tends to get frizzy quite easily (may be due to extreme humidity in Singapore).
- Closure not as great quality, overtime curls have drop and aren’t as define.
Conclusion: ★★★★ (4 stars)
To keep my hair in top condition, I co-wash my wig every 3-5 days which redefines it’s curls, ensures a soft and bouncy texture and an overall healthier and newer look. Here’s a video on How to co-wash deepwave/ kinki hair.
The days when I don’t co-wash it, I spritz my hair with a conditioner and water spray (1 part conditioner to 4 parts water) which adds life back into the hair!