The hair I’m wearing is Freedom 2X Havana Twist in colour 33 (dark auburn). I actually received them from a friend in Nigeria but they can be purchased at most african beauty stores or check below for a direct link. I’ve on 6 packets of 22 inches.
I had my crochet done by Cynthia who’s a great hair stylist based in Ireland (specialises in crochets braids & twists as well as jumbo cornrows – email: firstname.lastname@example.org). I used all 6 packs but since the actual type of extension I had was of a medium size (thickness) I would had prefer to use 7 packs to really create that full look. However, do note that most extensions are jumbo size so 6 packets should be sufficient. Also I chose not to do any singles at the front just so it would last longer.
As for styling I usually like to style it, half-up, half-down.
- Quick and easy to install (two hours).
- Doesn’t break hair (if you choose not to do singles).
- Very flattering and stylish.
- Easy to achieve that full braids/twists look.
- Very bouncy and lively.
- Tangles, Knots and gets caught in clothing/earrings very easily.
- Not long lasting at all (after a week, tends to start looking rough)
- Requires maintenance in order to wear for a good period of time.
- Scalp tends to get quite dry and itchy.
Conclusion: Concept ★★★★★ (5 stars)| Hair Quality ★★ (2.5 stars)
- To help maintain the havana twist extension, I run hair mousse (extra hold) through it every second day. This helps it hold it’s shape and revitalise it, removing that dry and dull appearance.
- Make sure to moisturize your scalp daily with natural oils. I use Pure Essence – Hair Oil Blend.
- To lay down my edges and help ensure the hair looks neat and clean I use Gorilla Snot Gel , which works wonders in holding down the edges (even on natural hair).