So here we are, almost 365 days later and honestly what an amazing year its been. It’s actually crazy to think of how time flies. I’m currently all smiley and tingly inside, a similar feeling to that of a year ago. I still remember writing my very first post, Chapter I and that´s how it all began, how Your Favourite Muse started.
Thought I’d share a bunch of throwback pictures from over the year, blooper photos that never made it to the scene for various reasons. In my last 12 months of blogging I’ve learnt a lot; not to be so hard on myself, invest and work hard in something you love and believe in, be creative, have fun and go with the flow.
Finally, I just want to say a big thank you to every single person who´s supported Your Favourite Muse, in any way. I honestly do appreciate the constant love and support. Cheers to more anniversaries, awesome shoots and quality content to come. This is just the beginning!
Your Favourite Muse.
Photographer: Daniella |instagram: daniellaakp_xo
Faux Fur Coat: Asos [Similar: Here]
Black Denim Jeans: H & M
Khaki Off-shoulder top: Aliexpress
Ankle Boots: EGO
I know we’re a week gone into the new years and this isn’t necessarily my first post of 2017. But decided to share some of my new year’s resolutions here, a little to uplift and motivate myself (speaking things into existence) since the past few days has literally been awful but also for anyone else who may need a little bit of inspiration.
My New Years Resolution:
- Blogging. I’ve so many ideas and plans for 2017 here on my blog but to keep it short – unique contents, collaborations and consistency.
- Chinese. If you didn’t know, I am learning Chinese but been slacking a lot lately. Really want to push myself to practice and speak it a lot more.
- Workout. I’ve been meaning to start working out for the longest time now, I even get a daily reminder on my phone which I always ignore but really want to start working out and toning my body, even planning on joining the gym next month, hopefully once I settle in my new destination.
- Be happy. I just want to be genuinely happy and positive, not dwell on the bumps on the road but appreciate the fact that I am on this road.
- Make memories. I truly believe that life’s what you make it and you’re in control of your own destiny (cheesy, I know but its true) so I really want to push myself to experience life more on a daily, go out, be spontaneous, have fun and live life to the fullest.
- Faith. Prayer is key and I truly believe that, so definitely want to strengthen my relationship with God, pray more and focus on being a better person (the best version of myself).
- Post more beauty. I know I’ve been saying this for the longest time and I genuinely want to include some sort of makeup pictorials and more beauty posts here, even making it part of my new year’s resolution so I definitely get it done
Photographer: Jordan and Joe |Instagram: iamjayjay24
HAPPY NEW YEARS!!
Feels like forever since I’ve posted here, the constant moving around sometimes makes it really hard to stick to a schedule. Nevertheless, I’m super excited for what 2017 has in store for Your Favourite Muse.
To kick-start the year I’ve my first ever blogger’s collaboration, with one of my favourite male bloggers who’s also from Ireland, Fortune. He posts dope chilled and minimalistic fits and also styles others too so do check out his blog for some fashion inspiration: Tobejiggy.com and Instagram: fortunelago too.
Grey Knit Two Piece: Aliexpress
Black Over Knee Boots: LASULA
White Puff Jacket: Zara [Out of Stock]| Similar: Bershka
Hey guys, so I recently bought a bunch of new beauty products from Colourpop during their Black Friday sales and decided to share what I got here. Since I have been requested to blog more beauty related posts (such as makeup tutorials) do keep a look out for more posts in that content in 2017. Anyways, do let me know what you think of this type of haul post and if you’d like to see more.
From Left to Right: Guess (extremely dark blue-toned purple), Zipper (rich true purple), Lychee (lighter pastel purple), Embellish (dark brown), Limbo (perfect true brown), Lax (dark red/burgundy), Avenue (true red), Tulle (mauve pink), Bumble (coral pink), Teeny tiny (nude pink), Beeper (baby pink), Kapow (stone grey nude).
From Top to Bottom: Avalon (copper), Do not disturb (gold), Wisp (champagne).
Lippie Stick: Tootsie (nude pink).
Brow Pencil: Black ‘N Brown.
The hair I’m wearing is Skinny Crochet Faux Locs in the colour 1B. I received them from JorieHair, a UK hair company that specialises and sells crochet braids and twists. I’ve on 8 packets of 20 inches.
The crochet were done by Sarah, a hair stylist based in Madrid ( ig: hisgraceherhands). I used 8 packs to create that full vibe.
As for styling I’ve really been playing around with different styles such as two buns on top, high pony-tail, half-up half down, all down etc.
- Quick and easy to install (two-three hours).
- Doesn’t break hair (if you choose not to do singles).
- Different and stylish.
- Easy to achieve that full locs look.
- Nice soft texture.
- Can tend to get form knots as you detangle.
- Not that long lasting at all.
Conclusion: Concept ★★★★ (4 stars)| Hair Quality ★★★★ (4 stars)
Direct link to hair: Jorie Hair
Use discount code BILLYKISS12 to save some $$ off your purchase
To lay me edges I used the Gorilla Snot Gel which is brilliant for hold down any type of hair even natural, without giving that flakey look.