Pink two piece: Aliexpress
Clear heels: EGO
So was scrolling through Pinterest as you do on a Saturday night at 2am and stumbled across this “45 Life Lesson by Regina Bret” that I thought I would share cause sometimes we just need a friendly reminder not to be too hard on ourselves. Let me know what you think, which ones are your favourites and also if you’d add any more to this list.
1. Life isn’t fair, but it’s still good.
2. When in doubt, just take the next small step.
3. Life is too short to waste time hating anyone.
4. Don’t take yourself so seriously. No one else does.
5. Pay off your credit cards every month.
6. You don’t have to win every argument. Agree to disagree.
7. Cry with someone. It’s more healing than crying alone.
8. Save for retirement, starting with your first paycheck.
9. When it comes to chocolate, resistance is futile.
10. Make peace with your past so it won’t screw up the present.
11. It’s OK to let your children see you cry.
12. Don’t compare your life to others’. You have no idea what their journey is all about.
13. If a relationship has to be a secret, you shouldn’t be in it.
14. Life is too short for long pity parties. Get busy living, or get busy dying.
15. You can get through anything if you stay put in today.
16. A writer writes. If you want to be a writer, write.
17. It’s never too late to have a happy childhood. But the second one is up to you and no one else.
18. When it comes to going after what you love in life, don’t take no for an answer.
19. Burn the candles; use the nice sheets; wear the fancy lingerie. Don’t save it for a special occasion. Today is special.
20. Overprepare, then go with the flow.
21. Be eccentric now. Don’t wait for old age to wear purple.
22. The most important sex organ is the brain.
23. No one is in charge of your happiness except you.
24. Frame every so-called disaster with these words: “In five years, will this matter?”
25. Forgive everyone everything.
26. What other people think of you is none of your business.
27. Time heals almost everything. Give time time.
28. However good or bad a situation is, it will change.
29. Your job won’t take care of you when you are sick. Your friends will. Stay in touch.
30. Believe in miracles.
31. Whatever doesn’t kill you really does make you stronger.
32. Growing old beats the alternative — dying young.
33. Your children get only one childhood. Make it memorable.
34. Get outside every day. Miracles are waiting everywhere.
35. If we all threw our problems in a pile and saw everyone else’s, we’d grab ours back.
36. Don’t audit life. Show up and make the most of it now.
37. Get rid of anything that isn’t useful, beautiful or joyful.
38. All that truly matters in the end is that you loved.
39. Envy is a waste of time. You already have all you need.
40. The best is yet to come.
41. No matter how you feel, get up, dress up, and show up.
42. Take a deep breath. It calms the mind.
43. If you don’t ask, you don’t get.
45. Life isn’t tied with a bow, but it’s still a gift.
I’m quite a private person (believe it or not) and despite being a “blogger” and choosing to share different aspects of my life online, I still hold back when it comes to sharing more personal issues like when I’m down or struggling. But since I did totally disappear from here (and most of social media in general) thought it was only right I explained why.
So, first things first, I’ve moved again – to Brussels (Belgium) and currently here on work placement (still part of my Erasmus). Bare in mind this life update is long overdue so I have been living in Brussels for a good 10 weeks now.
Moving to Brussels has been hard for me, for countless reasons that I won’t get into too much here but in my case, I’ve been constantly moving and travelling so much in the past three years that it got to the stage where I just got fed up. Travelling in most case is fun and great with numerous perks but then there are also times when it’s not.
For the past few weeks, I had been going through this constant cycle of disappointment, sadness and loneliness. Unlike my previous study abroad experience, this time I was really alone, with no friends and no form of social life. Living that 9-5 life really made me realise the significant of weekends but honestly, weekends were when I was at my lowest as I slept my life away. I still tried to create new content, but with everything just not going right, I really had to make that cautious decision to take a step back and give myself a break because sometimes you just can’t force it.
This is not a sob story or a feel sorry for Billykiss post either (really hate when people do). Besides, I just wanted to be genuinely honest with what was going on and why I went MIA. I am doing better now and I will be fine. I’m now putting my fuel into doing what I love and I have faith. So do stay tune for more consist stuff from me cause I am back!
Sometimes you need to step outside, get some air and remind yourself of who you are and who you want to be.
After what seems like a lifetime, I’m finally back, up and posting again, yeeeesss!
The past few weeks have been something but I won’t really get into all that here or why I disappeared caused honestly a life update is much needed and I’ll have one for you in a few days. Other than that I’m just happy to be finally back, creating new content again.
Black Cropped Hoodie: Pretty Little Things
Black Crop Top: Pretty Little Things [Similar Here]
Jogger Pants: Missguided
Ankle Boots: Simmi
Fishnet Tight: Primark
The hair I’m wearing is the Indian Curly Virgin Hair which I got sent from the Aliexpress vendor OYM hair. The hair lengths: 4 Bundles – 24inch x2 and 22inch x2 with a “matching” free part 20inch closure.
Upon first receiving the hair, I noticed how soft the hair was (typically the case for new hair). I fell in love with the pretty curl patterns. The weft was well constructed and there was no distinctive smell. The only thing that was disappointing was the closure, which wasn’t the same hair type and curl pattern (looks more Brazilian deep wave).
I co-washed the hair, to clean and remove any chemicals it may have had and also to revitalise its curls, then left it to air-dry. Afterwards, I made it into a wig. I doubled the wefts and sewed it from ear to ear, until I got to the front where I then sewed the lace closure. I sewed the longer lengths at the back first to create length and dimension.
When it comes to styling I’ve been wearing it as side and middle parting and just leaving the hair to do its own thing.
- Really pretty curl patterns.
- Very soft texture.
- No strong smell.
- Fast shipping (DHL 3-5 working days).
- Closure and parting looks really natural.
- Require quite some maintenance and care (regular co-washing necessary to revitalise curls).
- Hair sheds a lot when detangling and washing the hair.
- Closure not same type as bundles, but still works.
Conclusion: ★★★★ (4 stars)
Really do love this hair, great quality and extremely beautiful curls. Been getting tons of compliments too :).
Direct link to hair: 4 Bundles
To keep the hair in top condition, I wash it every two weeks which redefines its curls, ensures a soft and bouncy texture and an overall healthier and newer look. After washing and deep conditioning, I use a curl defining custard to help emphasise its curls and tame frizz, then leave to air dry.
The days when I don’t wash it, I spritz my hair with a conditioner and water spray (1 part conditioner to 4 parts water) which adds life back into the hair!
Wig making accessories:
Direct link: Wig Cap
Direct link: Mannequin Head
Direct link: Elastic Band (used to ensure wig security.)
Direct link: Favourite Edge Control
Photographer: Mehdi| Instagram @mehdibousame
Hey guys, hope you’re all doing well?
Just woke up from a much-needed nap and still pretty exhausted if I’m being entirely honest. Had my first day at (work) placement today, long and tiring are the two words that’ll pop into my head when I think about it. But hoping that’s just a first day/week thing. Oh, also just moved to Brussels (Belgium) too (if you didn’t know). I know, my life is hard to keep up with, but I’ll do all the explaining in another dedicated post. Anyways, I’m off to put on a face mask now, my skin has literally been going crazy over the last few days.
Brown Bodysuit: Aliexpress
Khaki Jacket: Forever 21 [Similar Here]
Denim Shorts: Topshop
Nude Thigh-High Boots: EGO
Clear Glasses: Aliexpress